Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Teacher's Day

16th May; the day to celebrate the teachers all over the world. I always wanted to be a teacher. 

Back when I was a kid, aku suka ajak my friends main cikgu-cikgu instead of main kejar-kejar. Mungkin masa kecil, most of us memang ada cita-cita untuk jadi cikgu since cikgu nampak macam cool. Well, they are cool actually. Siapa sanggup layan kerenah kids like us back then and kids nowadays yang lagi macam-macam hal.

Memories when I was in primary school macam tak banyak. I was busy back then dengan segala activities. In fact most teachers masa tu called me the busiest person in school. Reason; sebab semua pertandingan and semua aktiviti aku mesti nak involved. Konon nak menempa nama. Those teachers patiently ajar aku, trained aku without hesitation (I guess, tak tahu la kalau ada yang mengeluh keterpaksaan). But I still made good marks for my UPSR. So, thank you SKTT's teachers. 

Bila dah masuk high school slowly aku jadi kurang belajar. At the early years, still sibuk joined segala persatuan and activities. I guess I loved to be 'the known' student rather than 'the unknown'. As a result to those busy-ness and hecticness, aku tak dapat achieve result yang memberangsangkan. Kena marah dengan cikgu tu macam routine. Tapi not as bad as it may sound. I guess cikgu marah sebab sayang; kan? But I love my high school teachers. I hate some of them, but I love most of them. Especiall my Bahasa teacher; Puan Azizah. Tough one but approachable. She wasn't funny but I just love the way that she taught us to be a better Bahasa user. Sebab dia aku mula beminat dalam bidang penulisan and I always got good marks for karangan. So, thank you St. John's teachers. 

Time college aku memang pemalas. Dropped out from 2 colleges. Then masuk the last one pulak, datang college tapi tak masuk kelas. Assignments banyak pending up until aku dapat la carrymarks yang teruk. Repeat papers, repeat classes. Memang malas tak tahu nak explain macam mana. But I ended up graduated still. Dalam pada malas tu at the last years aku bucked up myself and tekad nak habiskan study jugak. So those lecturers patiently ajar aku, bagi extra attention and all. Ada jugak yang succeed buat aku menangis time presentation advertising sebab comments mereka yang bertalu-talu. Ended up, aku tak pun kerja in advertising or graphic line. But I've learned a lot. That's makes me who I am today, kan? So thank you lecturers/ teachers. 

Teachers play the important part dalam hidup semua individu, kan? So, today is one of the day we should appreciate them for those patience, responsibilities yang mereka berikan. Happy teacher's day!

No comments: